Sunday, November 09, 2008

I cannot agree more

"Our ideals for the perfect romantic life is always different.

When you’re 12,
a good boyfriend is one who would leave you
a pager text message at least 3 times a day.

At 15,
that guy probably need to accompany you during recess.
Or walk you home after school.
It’ll be nice if he’s a badass - the more badass he is, the better.

When you reach 18,
perhaps you’d see if he is romantic.
Romance, romance, romance. It’s all about romance.
And you’ve always thought you’re going to marry that guy you were with back then, isn’t it?

Things won’t be so simple once you’re 24.
You’re new in the society. You meet people.
There are so much to a relationship besides candlelit dinners, fresh bouquets and yearly oversea trips.
Does he sleep around? Is he rich? Does he drive a car? Is his watch expensive?

I’ve never wondered if my 12-year-old boyfriend’s watch is branded.

Or whether his daddy owns a factory.

I guess this is what growing up is all about - making life more complicated and difficult."

No comments:

Post a Comment